Current Linux Support

nicelydone

Current Linux Support

Post by nicelydone »

Hi,

I am looking to install linux on my fitpc2i. Looking at the wiki it was last updated in 2009. The repositories for drivers etc which listed on the wiki look like they're down?

Which (if any) linux distros are now supported / would be stable? I see mint and ubuntu was, at one point, supported but would the latest version(s) work? I was looking at Lubuntu, would that work? (I am just looking to use it headless, running a webserver and sharing a few files)

Assuming a compatible version still exists would it work straight from installation or would I need to do anything additional? Is there any way of knowing which will / wont work for me and others the future? Im just keen to avoid checking a few different versions to see if they're stable

Many thanks in advance.

mbirger

Re: Current Linux Support

Post by mbirger »

fit-PC2i works well with Linux. The officially supported is a 32-bit Linux Mint 13 MATE:
http://fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Linux_ ... on_fit-PC2

nicelydone

Post by nicelydone »

Thanks for your reply, As Mint v17 is the latest version, and support for 13 will end next year. is it safe to assume that 17 is not supported and I would need to install the old version for a reliable system? Likewise with other ubuntu derivatives?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

As fit-PC2 is very popular computer and used by many of our customers, I am positive that if in case there will be no support for 13 from Mint side (which I don't), our SW guys will propose another alternative.

In the meantime yo can use the Linux Mint 13.

nicelydone

Post by nicelydone »

I really am very grateful for your replies but you didn't really address my question: Will the most recent version (v17) work with the fitpc2?

Many thanks again for your help

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

fit-PC2 is a 32 bit system and must use 32-bit OS.
Please run Linux Mint 13 on it.

You can try Mint 17 of course. We haven't done so.

Return to “Linux on fit-PC2”