Cannot connect to wireless router

closedshell

Cannot connect to wireless router

Post by closedshell »

Hi. I bought the fir pc2 diskless. I bought an ssd hd and installed ubuntu. I cannot connect to my wireless router, which is open with no securities. Any tip is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Denis

Re: Cannot connect to wireless router

Post by Denis »

Do you see any wireless networks at all? Do you have drivers installed?

Did you installed Ubuntu according to this guide http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=655?
Compulab's Linux support

mpc8248

Post by mpc8248 »

Hello together, i got my fit-PC2 yesterday. I did the installation procedure mentioned in support Wiki for Ubuntu. Every thing went well (very good Wiki). Except this line i have to change.
deb-src http://fit-pc2.com/download/ubuntu/dists/hardy source/[/code]
to
deb-src http://fit-pc2.com/download/ubuntu/dists/hardy source/

But now i have the same problem as on delivery: I can recognize all WLAN access points (i can see my network) . I make the manual GUI config for my network with fixed IP and WEP key ascii 128 Bit 13 ASCII characters. (i know WEP is not so secure). Its the same config as on my other Ubuntu wireless PC. Of course it has a different ip in /etc/network/interfaces .But still no access. :(

So my question. I started the fit-PC2 the first time without antenna.Did this may burn down the TX amplifier cause there was no termination (50Ohm) ? :shock: :?

eth0 is working with fixed ip. Do i have to disable eth0 on boot ?
It looks a little bit if every thing is routed through eth0 (ping to GW always trying to go out over eth0 ) /sbin/ipconfig eth0 down. ping now on ra0 ip. But still no reply

I am very familiar with fedora distributions, do i have to blacklist some driver like on my other ubuntu usb wlan ?

What kind of mini pci card chipset is used (nothing is in the manuel) so i can google for a solution. Is this no 802.11 b/g wlan --> Specification says only g type ?

Thanks for any hints :idea:

Regards MPC8248

irads

Post by irads »

WiFi is RaLink RT3090.
There is no risk of damaging the TX amp without antenna.

mpc8248

Post by mpc8248 »

Every thing ok now. Its now working with 128Bit WEB Key (HEX)
with string you have no chance
wireless-key s:nochanceatall

I have to enter the key in hex /etc/networ/interfaces

iface ra0 inet static
address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
wireless-channel 6
wireless-key open 1111-2222-3333-4444-5555-6666-aa
wireless-essid youressid

auto ra0

regards mpc8248

kbn

Post by kbn »

We have been trying to go through the forum to see if there was any help to get on fit-pc2, standard Ubuntu (on compulab delivered diskdrive). serial number 090803-001.

I have occaisionally been able to get a connection to my unsecured wireless linksys router, after reboot it is never connected, sometimes after configuring back and forth it comes on.

It seems Ubuntu does not recognize the hardware properly, in network tools is says "RA0" no such device.

Any idea, we have several Linux customers trying to get this to work?

Best regards, Kurt

Denis

Post by Denis »

Try to make full reinstall using our wiki. Don`t forget to format hard disk during installation. Wi-Fi should work out of the box, if not - seems you have HW problems.
Compulab's Linux support

Return to “Linux on fit-PC2”