Tested Linux distributions

andrejjj

Tested Linux distributions

Post by andrejjj »

Which linux versions are you tested? I am very interesting of Ubuntu support.

Denis

Re: Tested Linux distributions

Post by Denis »

We have tested Ubuntu 12.04 and LinuxMint 13, systems works fine out-of-the box. We expect the same behavior from any distribution with the latest software stack.
Compulab's Linux support

muso

Post by muso »

I have tried running Ubuntu 12.04 and Mint 13. Both of these worked first time, but I'm experiencing a significant judder every second or so in both the mouse and any video (i.e. while moving the mouse, it pauses for a split-second at regular intervals). I'm guessing that the video driver isn't installed correctly, or I'm missing something else. There appear to be a couple of kworker tasks that were running and taking around 20% processor each while the system should be idling. Another issue is that when I select shutdown, it always reboots, and I have to hold the power button to shut the computer down.

Both issues are exactly the same in both Ubuntu and Mint.

My system is:
Intense PC Pro (Barebones)
Corsair CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9 Laptop Memory 16GB 1333MHz C9 DDR3 So-Dimm Kit (2 x 8GB)
OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-120G Agility 3 120GB SATA III 2.5 inch SSD

I sincerely hope that it's something simple that I've missed, as the performance other than that is fantastic... boot times are under ten seconds, and shutdown time appears to be about 2 seconds. Applications open in lightning fast times too.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Thank you for submitting this issue. We will try to reproduce it and we will provide you with a solution.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

muso

Post by muso »

Thanks Gabriel. If it helps, I've tried both 32 and 64 bit versions too (same issues). I'd prefer to use Ubuntu and am currently working with the 64-bit version. I'm not too savvy about low-level stuff, so I'm not sure if it's hardware/firmware or a software issue (although it doesn't seem like a hardware issue atm), and would be happy to know at least if the hardware is okay; until a fix is found.

muso

Post by muso »

gabrielh wrote:Thank you for submitting this issue. We will try to reproduce it and we will provide you with a solution.
One more thing. My jerkiness issue seems to be almost exactly the issue as described in this bug report... although this was one that's been marked as fixed and I'm using the latest version of Ubuntu;
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/746084

muso

Post by muso »

Do you have any ideas on the issues I've got yet? It's very frustrating to work on with the stuttering and I really could use a working solution in the next few days if possible. Thanks, Alex

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Alex... Unfortunately I don't have an answer to you yet. I will provide you with update next week
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

muso

Post by muso »

gabrielh wrote:Hello Alex... Unfortunately I don't have an answer to you yet. I will provide you with update next week
I feel perhaps that this isn't the correct thread to continue on a specific issue, but I still have the issues described, and I also tried Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 3 a couple of days ago and it was cripplingly slow. It doesn't seem to be detecting the Intel graphics card at all in 12.04 (which I'm now using, and working with), and when I tried installing 12.10 I did get a warning that it may be slow due to poor support of the graphics. I'm having to work using it as it is (and it's just about okay, but the mouse jitter is irritating and it's clearly not performing anywhere near peak efficiency) - any feedback you can provide towards some kind of solution would be most welcome.

Thanks again.

Denis

Post by Denis »

Hi,
Regarding "reboot instead of shutdown", the patch will be pushed to mainline kernel soon, to all stable versions starting from 3.0. I believe Ubuntu and other distributions will pull this patch shortly. You can look at the patch here: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1287241

Regarding graphic problems please try 3.4 kernel http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/ma ... 4-precise/
It contains many important drm and video acceleration fixes, may be it will help.
Compulab's Linux support

Return to “Linux on Intense PC”