MintBox does nothing

izzymandias

MintBox does nothing

Post by izzymandias »

Literally, nothing. I can't even get the monitor (same one I'm using now with my old PC) to recognize it. When I plug the MintBox in, the monitor tells me that no input is detected when I use HDMI, and nothing when I use DVI. I get a light, and some heat (after a while) but nothing else.

mbirger

Re: MintBox does nothing

Post by mbirger »

Are you using MintBox 2 based on Intense PC HW?
Do you use pre-installed Linux Mint that came with your machine or you use some other version?

If your problem continues, please try to make a clear install following the instructions in the link below:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/In ... ux_Mint_15

If doesn't help please consider RMA.

izzymandias

Post by izzymandias »

It's a Mintbox 2, using the installed OS... or trying to. I can't get a POST screen, access to the BIOS, or even recognition from the monitor. I was hoping there was something I could do to fix it before I had to return it.

irads

Post by irads »

Before RMA it is worth checking compatibility issues with the display or issues with the HDMI cable by checking with different ones or checking with the DP output.

canada

Post by canada »

izzymandias wrote:It's a Mintbox 2, using the installed OS... or trying to. I can't get a POST screen, access to the BIOS, or even recognition from the monitor. I was hoping there was something I could do to fix it before I had to return it.
I have the same issue with my Mintbox2 that I just received.
Tried 2 HDMI cables to Viewsonic TV and also the included HDMI 2 DVI cable to my HP monitor.
No image/signal whatsoever, (never worked).
It does not show connected to the router either (wired or wireless).

Anything to check before RMA?

Thank you,
V

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

As previous post says, it is worth checking the other video port to exclude HDMI/DVI port driver issue. Please try to connect to a DisplayPort if possible, and see if you are able to get anything on screen.

canada

Post by canada »

DisplayPort does not show anything either.
May need a wakeup of some sort or hard reset, but does not seem to have such a feature.

Thank you.

hwmartin

Post by hwmartin »

canada wrote:DisplayPort does not show anything either.
May need a wakeup of some sort or hard reset, but does not seem to have such a feature.

Thank you.
I had similar issues with my MintBox2 when I first got it. I ended up leaving it on and plugged in over night and by morning it was properly outputting video. Not sure what the delay was, perhaps it was performing some hardware configuration. Have you tried turning it on (while plugged in) and leaving it for a while?

I've also noticed that if the MintBox2 comes out of sleep mode and the monitor is off (not suspended, off) it will not activate the IGP and I will not have a video signal until I reboot. If the MintBox2 does not detect any connected monitor it will not power up the IGP. It might be worth trying to boot into UEFI setup (hold F2 on USB keyboard while powering on the computer) to see if that forces the IGP to active.

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”