Watchdog bricked the pc

clan82

Watchdog bricked the pc

Post by clan82 »

I was unawere that the watchdog timer was started close to power-on time and not at OS boot time. So I activated it for 6s just to try it.
Now I cannot do anything at boot time, including entering the BIOS setup, before the machine restarts.
If there is a bootable USB device, this OS starts for a short while until the machine reboots. No keypresses are detected beforehand.
If there is no bootable device, the PXE booter starts scanning until the machine reboots. No keypresses are detected here either...

What can I do here? Is there a way to factory reset the BIOS settings, without actually entering the BIOS setup?

Regards,
Claus

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Watchdog bricked the pc

Post by gabrielh »

You can, but that involves some basic tech skills. Please PM me with your issue.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

clan82

Post by clan82 »

After many tries, it finally recognized my keypress and I could disable the watchdog :)

So the reset instructions are not needed right now, but can you make them public?

Regards,
Claus

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

We don't encourage our customers to make a BIOS hard reset. This procedure evolves some technical skills, and in a case of inappropriate taken steps, IntensePC can be bricked.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Intense PC BIOS”