DisplayPort melfunction

slavazh

DisplayPort melfunction

Post by slavazh »

Hello,
I've experiencing strange behavior, once I change one of the resolution (e.g. refresh rate, resolution) properties the display is going black. The only thing that fixing this issue, is disconnecting (physically) the IPC from electricity. I have IPC for more then six months, and started to experience it about two months ago.

My system:
Intense PC Pro Barebone with the latest BIOS
330 series SSD HD
16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM (2x8)
Dell ultrasharp U2410 display conected via DP
Win 8 x64 PRO
9.18.10.3234 display driver from fit-pc site.

Please advice
Slava.

slavazh

Re: DisplayPort melfunction

Post by slavazh »

Additional info,
The same is happening when I'm changing the input on my display:
1. The display on DP 1920x1200x60hz nothing is running on desktop view.
2. Changing the input to HDMI ( my ps3 ) display it correct.
3. After 1 minute changing back to DP. One of three things happening here:
a. The screen back normally to 1920x1200x60hz.
b. the screen is back with 640x460. When I change the resolution back to 1920x1200 I got black screen (no signal sleep) when I restart everything is back to normal.
c. Black screen (no signal sleep), sometimes restart fixing it and sometimes I need to disconnect the electricity in order to back to normal.

I remaind that there was no issue few months ago. I though that its a windows issue so I've preformed clean install and the issue is still present.

Please help course it's really annoying.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

To help determinate if that is a hardware issue, can you please to try to reproduce this issue under Ubuntu Live system?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

slavazh

Post by slavazh »

OK, another issue here I can't boot it from USB CD because the only option i have in the boot menu of the BIOS is windows boot manager. any thoughts?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please try to enter the BIOS by rapidly hitting the F2 key immediately after powering on IntensePC. If you have your keyboard connected VIA an USB HUB, please connect it directly to IntensePC
Gabriel Heifets

slavazh

Post by slavazh »

Gabriel that's exactly what I've done. The problem is that my windows is installed as UEFI, hence I have only one option in the BOOT menu of the BIOS which is "windows boot manager".

Is there a way to reset the BIOS to factory condition (not the configuration)

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please insert the Live OS USB drive to your IntensePC. Completely power down your system and detach the power cord. Reattach the power cord to the IntensePC, and immediately start hitting the F2 key, until you'll see the BIOS menu. Enable Legacy Boot. Go to the BOOT menu. You should see all you storage devices. Pick the one with a live system
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “Display interface”