Kernel compiling and build for DARwIn-OP
We are testing mint Linux 9 for our DARwIn-OP robot and we have a problem.
1. Downloaded the kernel source file fromhttp://fit-pc2.com/download/ubuntu/dist ... .2_all.deb
A. after decompression we get the file
/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.35.tar.gz the directory gunzip/untar
B. run the following commands
make menuconfig. (timer frequency, preempt kernel option)
C. # make-kpkg --initrd --revision=r1 kernel_image kernel_headers linux_source modules_image to build.
D. However we get the following problem
make: *** No rule to make target `firmware/rt3090.bin’, needed by `__fw_modbuild’. Stop.
make: *** [modules] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.35’
So we have a problem relating with the wifi card.
2. Downloaded and decompressed the file http://fit-pc2.com/download/ubuntu/dist ... rig.tar.gz
andhttp://fit-pc2.com/download/ubuntu/dist ... .2.diff.gz
A. we get the same results.
3. downloaded from Ralinktech's homepage RT3070/RT3090 firmware rt3070.bin and rt3090.bin files and placed them onto the kernel's source folder; followed by the build.
A. http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support ... php?sn=501
B. The build was successful (no errors like above. However, after installing the Kernel the system does not boot.
Now our concerns are
1. is there a problem with the kernel source?
2. is there something we are doing wrong when building the kernel?