Flickers when entering BIOS and second install phase WinXP

DTE

Flickers when entering BIOS and second install phase WinXP

Post by DTE »

I searched around a bit on this issue, but can't find a real answer to the problem.

When I enter the BIOS the screen flickers randomly but if I'm quick I can still choose my options between the flickering.

I tried installing Windows XP which went fine until the system had to reboot for the second phase. The screen flickers once and then goes black. I'm pretty sure Windows install is waiting for my input on some installation options, but since the screen is blank I can't really do anything.

The screen I am using is a Samsung S22C450 connected via the DVI-D <=> HDMI cable that was provided with the Fit-PC2.

I tried the screen on another PC => No problem
I tried the DVI-D <=> HDMI cable with another PC => No problem

Anybody who has a clue?

irads

Re: Flickers when entering BIOS and second install phase Win

Post by irads »

Random flicker in BIOS is likely a signal integrity problem. Best way to isolate the problem is cross checking computers cables and displays. I understand you tested it partially. It is worth reproducing the problem with the fit-PC2 and another display before concluding a hardware problem.

DTE

Re: Flickers when entering BIOS and second install phase Win

Post by DTE »

I managed to get my hands on a hdmi schreen today, connected it to the fit-pc and...

No more flickering, really strange.
The problem is caused by a combination of things since each device and cable works when tested in another setup.

So if someone experiences the same problem, try a hdmi scteen instead of a dvi.

Return to “Windows on fit-PC2”