Display driver for headless operation

irads

Display driver for headless operation

Post by irads »

Please try http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/xp-driv ... 090719.zip for operating fit-PC2 in a headless setup with remote access. This driver does not try to detect the display before loading and setting resolution.

saneel_c

Re: Display driver for headless operation

Post by saneel_c »

Please came you someone tel me the steps on how to install this Driver,

Does my monitor have to be plugged in?

i am trying to use logmein, but can't get a 1024x768 resolution when i have my monitor unplugged.

Please help

irads

Post by irads »

Uninstall GMA500 driver.
Reboot when asked to.
Run setup.exe of the IEGD.

I haven't tried installing without a display attached.

Ryelands

Post by Ryelands »

irads wrote:

This driver does not try to detect the display before loading and setting resolution.

I installed the "no detect" driver using setup.exe. Device Manager recognises it.

However, if no monitor is connected on power-up, the display defaults to 640 x 480, 32-bit.

This is slightly better than the prior 640 x 480, 4-bit but the same result can be obtained by running with no video driver installed.

Is there some way of specifying a default resolution that I've missed?

Intel's Release Notes refer to an ssigd.inf file and one is provided but I'm no programmer and do not know how to edit it. Chapter 5 of the User Guide also seems to cover the topic but I still can't work out what to do.

Can you assist?

TIA

Dave

irads

Post by irads »

Did you try the sequence
- boot with a display
- set resolution to say 1024x768
- shut down
- boot without display

Ryelands

Post by Ryelands »

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, I did.

1. I loaded the OS (inc new driver) onto the Fit-PC2 on the bench with a monitor connected.

2. I moved the Fit-PC2 to a different setup this time without a monitor. That, it seems to me, should replicate what you ask me to do. The display reverted to 480 x 640. I tried all the usual things (I even looked at the docs) but I got nowhere so I posted.

3. I've just repeated what you ask me to do and this time it seems to be working.

I'm baffled. Let's hope it was just "finger trouble" on my part (though I'm not yet entirely convinced . . . ).

Regards for now,

Dave

hobe

Post by hobe »

I have installed "fit-pc2_iegd10-1_no_detection" and everything works great without monitor and Ultra-VNC.

I love this little thing :)

pion

Post by pion »

Ryelands wrote: 3. I've just repeated what you ask me to do and this time it seems to be working.

I'm baffled. Let's hope it was just "finger trouble" on my part (though I'm not yet entirely convinced . . . ).
I can confirm the mentioned above Intel driver did the trick. You can select Disable Port State Detection in the driver's Display Config tab to ensure the settings will be keept. Basically the driver makes any monitor like Plug-n-Play, so I guess the OS will relax on settings and just keep the latest used. By the way you can easily change them (like resolution) from remote LogMeIn session, and the settings will propagate and persist between host reboots. Works nicely!

TiToine1978

Post by TiToine1978 »

Thank you a lot for the trick!!! It works perfectly.
I have just uninstalled old driver, reboot, then installed that driver, reboot.

bencrox

Post by bencrox »

Works for me also

I first installed IEGD using setup, which says incomplete installation, then went to control panel, removed Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 500 driver. (requires reboot). It then starts up fine with 800 x 600, and now i can change to 1280 x 768 which works perfectly for viewing on my laptop. However this does not hold last resolution after reboot. To change this, right click on desktop, choose properties, settings click advanced, then choose display config tab, change port status at the bottom to disabled.
Now will start up in correct mode.

All of this was conducted remotely via logmein software, with no screen plugged in.

Installing the other way, by removing the Intel GM 500 driver first, which needs a reboot then the setup in the IEGD utilities folder, leads to a further reboot.

Return to “Display driver”