LAN Ports not detected on FM-4LAN

Ryukain

LAN Ports not detected on FM-4LAN

Post by Ryukain »

I kinda hope this forum is still monitored as I am out of ideas.

I noticed our uSVR servers Front LAN ports stopped function as we updated to a newer version of vSphere. I thought it would be VMWare chucking out the support for it.

None the less even installing Windows on the uSVR box still doesn't show the 4 port LAN controller and no wondering if it is broken..

So after opening up the uSVR I noticed that the 4 USB ports are part of the same module which work perfectly fine, so I am hoping the 4 LAN ports are function too.

Could you guys recommend a OS where it "just works"? Don't mind if it is Linux or Windows, just want to be able to verify.

And if it is broken, what are the options?
Last edited by Ryukain on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryukain

Re: LAN Ports not detected on FM-4E4U

Post by Ryukain »

Shameless found this in the uSVR forums;
mbirger wrote:Which Linux distro you're installing? Our official Linux distro is Mint 15, where Ethernet drivers are build into the kernel and should be operational out of the box.
If you use other Linux distro, please make a clear installation of Linux Mint 15.

http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/In ... ux_Mint_15
Even installed Mint 15 and it only shows the 2 ports at the back. I assume the 4 front LAN ports are just dead then.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

I don't think the LANs are dead, but either drivers issue or some PCIe settings. Have you tried to update the drivers?

FM-LANE4U4 wiki.
http://fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/FACE_Modules:FM-4LAN

Ryukain

Post by Ryukain »

Hiya mbirger,

Thank you for your response. I had tried those drivers before, but the downside is that no unknown devices appear in Device manager, so even when the drivers were installed, no Ethernet controllers appeared with the matching 82574L LAN controller.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Have you tried to reset the BIOS? or override it?

Please see this:
http://fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/USVR_BIOS

Ryukain

Post by Ryukain »

That was the first thing I tried :) Successfully updated the BIOS but still no luck. Which is why I am completely confused, as the USB ports are fine. But the LAN ports are not even showing a light when booting the uSVR or when you connect a cable (Link status)

mbirger

Re: LAN Ports not detected on FM-4LAN

Post by mbirger »

When OS detects the HW via drivers it should appear in device manager under Network Adapters, as identified LAN.
In your case, it seems that the HW is not detected by driver. Do you have other FACE Modules? Is this worked previously?
Please write to support@fit-pc.com

Return to “General FACE Module questions”