Watchdog timer ?

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
planetcooler

Watchdog timer ?

Post by planetcooler »

I have recently managed to update the BIOS on a fit-PC2 , and I now have the Watchdog timer as an option in the BIOS setup. If I enable the timer, it appears to be operating - because the machine gets a hard reset, probably at 251 seconds, and reboots. I have attempted to install the software for Windows XP, including driver, and registry settings. However, the Watchdog Application falls over before getting to command prompt. Anyone else tried this ? Thanks.

irads

Re: Watchdog timer ?

Post by irads »

Is the problem that fit-PC2 takes more than 251 seconds to reach a state in WinXP where the application to reload the watchdog timer can be activated?

planetcooler

Post by planetcooler »

Not so far. The problem is that the XP Watchdog Timer code fails at launch with an error. It doesn't get to command mode.

irads

Post by irads »

Please specify the error and we will forward to our SW engineers.

For reference, these are the fit-PC2/XP watchdog instructions
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Wa ... Windows_XP

planetcooler

Post by planetcooler »

Does anyone know how to save a Windows XP error Log to file ?

Screen shot attached of the System services log, showing repeated faults on trying to launch the Watchdog Application. Very brief summary of one of the faults. Not sure this will be enough for your software people?

Does the Watchdog application need to be installed anywhere special, with special privileges ?

Thank you for your help...........
Attachments
watchdogfault.JPG
watchdogfault.JPG (219.75 KiB) Viewed 8378 times

irads

Post by irads »

Thanks. I am forwarding to our SW team.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”