Resume from Standby problems

jdbarney

Resume from Standby problems

Post by jdbarney »

I have about a half-dozen FitPC2 revision 1.21 machines running WinXP that have no problem going into standby mode and resuming standby from a scheduled task. I just purchased five more FitPC2 units (revision 1.4). These machines, running the same image, will go into standby without issue. But resume from standby works maybe once out of every 20 attempts.

Once the machine goes into standby, pressing the power button will cause the power LED to illuminate and the physical NIC port lights come on - but nothing else. No video signal, no hard drive activity, nothing.

I've updated all the drivers to no avail. I've tried multiple different ways to get the machine to come out of standby - there is no rhyme or reason why it does or does not work. Help please! I really need this to work as reliably as it did on the original models.

Leonid

Re: Resume from Standby problems

Post by Leonid »

Please, enter the BIOS and check the BIOS Date on the Main screen.
Leonid Firdman

jdbarney

Post by jdbarney »

BIOS revision is 04/21/10

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Leonid Firdman

jdbarney

Post by jdbarney »

Is there more to that BIOS update than is reflected in the change log? I am quite certain that adding PXE boot support is not going to solve a system standby issue. Please explain - thank you.

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

The system is more stable with latest BIOS.

In addition, the BIOS update helped to one of users to solve the sleep-resume problem on Win7:
http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic. ... lit=solved
Leonid Firdman

jdbarney

Post by jdbarney »

Okay. I will try it and report back.

jdbarney

Post by jdbarney »

I applied the latest BIOS. Behavior resuming from standby remains unchanged. Any further suggestions?

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

We will continue to investigate this issue. You will be informed about results ASAP.
Leonid Firdman

tech

Post by tech »

I use two fit-PC2 D2G-C2000-W ACF 101202-027/-028 .
BIOS version 05/12/10
Resume from standby works wrong. The PC wakes up, but USB und graphic-output is not active - same behaviour on both PCs.
I used the harddisk with fine working installation (Win XP Pro SP3) including standby function from a fit-PC2 D1G-C1100-ACF 100818-006. Perfect functionality on this PC, but using this harddisk in one of the PCs above produces the resume error (no USB power and signal, no graphic). Who can help ?

Return to “Windows XP”