View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Unable to install OS 

Post Unable to install OS
I've a new fitlet2 (E3950) which came with RAM and SSD pre-installed. It starts up and I can access the BIOS where RAM and HDD are identified. However I've been unable to install an OS (all OS's tried are EFI compatible and properly identified).

I have tried to install Windows 64bit (with OS set to Windows in BIOS) by external HDD and get a restart shortly after the blue windows logo shows. I've tried Ubuntu and Mint Linux with the OS set in the BIOS by external HDD and MicroSD. In this case I get to the bootloader to select single user, multiuser etc and it shuts down after a selection is made. I've also tried pfsense as this is to be a pfsense box and have read about the needed kernel options to get it to boot. However with these applied I get immediately get a kernel panic with an "startup_alloc + 0xdc" error.

As an update, it seems that the RAM was dodgy. Test with memtest86 to diagnose. Many thanks support, just feel silly for not trying first!

Last edited by sub33 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:18 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Unable to install OS
Replied on email

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]