FM-POE FACE Module incorporates 4 ports of GbE LAN supporting 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet connectivity, compliant with IEEE 802.3/u/ab standard. All four ports featuring IEEE 802.3af, PoE + PSE applications. Two additional USB2.0 downstream ports supporting data rates up to 480Mbps for general purpose connectivity.
Note that HW Rev1.1 supports PSE Class 0 (15.4W max) per port when 2 ports populated with PD Class 0 devices (12.95W max).
Refer to Compatibility Matrix for products fit.
- 4x GbE LAN 10/100/1000BASE-T compliant with IEEE 802.3/u/ab
- 4x PSE ports featuring IEEE 802.3af PoE standard operation
- 2x USB2.0 downstream ports, up to 480Mbps half-duplex
- Total POE output capability ~60W
The following section provides information about FM-POE main components and features.
Intel I211AT GbE Controller Intel Ethernet I211 controller is a single port, compact, low power component that supports GbE designs. The I211 offers a fully-integrated GbE Media Access Control (MAC), Physical Layer (PHY) port and supports PCI Express 2.1 (2.5GT/s mode). The I211 enables 1000BASE-T implementations using an integrated PHY. It can be used for server system configurations such as rack mounted or pedestal servers, in an add-on NIC or LAN on Motherboard (LOM) design. Another possible system configuration is for blade servers as a LOM or mezzanine card. It can also be used in embedded applications such as switch add-on cards and network appliances. One independent interface is used to connect the I211 port to external devices. The following protocol is supported: MDI (copper) support for standard IEEE 802.3 Ethernet interface for 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 10BASE-T applications (802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab).
- PCIe v2.1 (2.5 GT/s mode) x1, with Switching Voltage Regulator (iSVR)
- Integrated Non-Volatile Memory (iNVM)
- Platform Power Efficiency
- IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- Proxy: ECMA-393 and Windows logo for proxy offload
- Jumbo frames
- Interrupt moderation, VLAN support, IP checksum offload
- RSS and MSI-X to lower CPU utilization in multi-core systems
- Advanced cable diagnostics, auto MDI-X
- ECC – error correcting memory in packet buffers
- Four Software Definable Pins (SDPs)
Linear Technology LTC4266C Quad PoE + PSE Conrtoller The LTC4266С is a quad power sourcing equipment (PSE) controller capable of delivering PoE power to a compatible PoE powered device (PD). A proprietary detection/classification scheme allows mutual identification between a PoE PSE and PoE PD while remaining compatible and interoperable with existing Type 1 (13W) PDs. These PSE controllers feature low RON external MOSFETs and 0.25Ω sense resistors which are especially important at the PoE current levels to maintain the lowest possible heat dissipation. The LTC4266C targets fully automatic PSE systems powering Type 1 (up to 13W) PDs.
Pericom PI6C20400 1-to-4 Differential Clock Driver Pericom Semiconductor's PI6C20400 is a high-speed, low-noise differential clock driver/buffer compatible with CML and HCSL differential I/O technology. The device distributes a differential input clock to four differential pairs of clock outputs either with or without PLL. The clock outputs are controlled by input selection of several static control signals and Host SMBus interface. The device oriented and designed for PCI Express applications.
RJ45 PoE/PSE port pinout The connections of the RJ45 (8P8C) sockets of FM-PoE are compatible to the widely used TIA/EIA-568B standard, thus adequate to 1000BASE-T communication. The PoE connections to the RJ45 (8P8C) sockets are according to end-span (mode A) PoE IEEE802.3af.
|Pin #||1000BASE-T signal||PoE connection|
- On every use of FM-POE to deliver Power over Ethernet:
- In conjunction with fit-PC and Intense PC computers, 12V power supply must be applied to power jack on the front panel of FM-POE. The use of PoE with the power supplied via the system board back panel may result in permanent damage to the system.
- In Airtop systems, power should be applied to the Airtop power input instead of FACE Module power input. FACE Module power input must not be powered!