How to install mSATA SSD on FM-USB3 module
From fit-PC wiki
- This application note instructs how to install or replace mSATA SSD on FM-USB3 Module
- This application note is applicable for the following models:
- IPC3 HW revisions later than 1.1 , adding an option to add mSATA SSD on FM-USB3 only.
- IPC2 (all HW revisions) adding another mSATA on the FM-USB3 in addition to the on-board slot.
- Open the service door (see Maintenance chapter in IPC3 Owner’s Manual).
- Remove the four screws on the bottom cover of the IPC3.
- Carefully remove the bottom cover.
- Remove the single screw that holds the FM-USB3 card.
- Carefully remove the FM-USB3 card in the computer.
- Now you have full access to mSATA slot. Connect mSATA by gently pushing it into plastic latch.
- Assemble in the reverse order