IntensePC: Installing Linux Mint 13
From fit-PC wiki
Prepare installation media
- A USB DVD/CD-ROM drive or a USB Flash drive of at least 1GB should be used as installation media.
- Download Linux Mint 13 "Maya" - MATE (64-bit)" or Linux Mint 13 "Maya" - Cinnamon (64-bit).
- For installation with a USB DVD/CD-ROM - flash the downloaded image directly onto a DVD/CD.
- For installation with a USB Flash drive, please follow How to install Linux Mint via USB tutorial.
Base installation of Linux Mint 13
- Follow the standard Linux Mint installation procedure - choose timezone, partitions, username, password etc.
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot.
- Login using previously selected username and password.
- Intel graphics drivers on your fresh installation may be outdated.
- Strongly recommended to do full system update to get the latest 2D,3D and kernel drivers with performance improvements and bugfixes.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade sudo reboot
RTL8723AE Wi-Fi driver
- Intense-PC devices can be assembled with the RTL8723AE PCIe chip which is not supported by mainline kernel yet.
- If you do fresh install please use rtlwifi-dkms_0007.0809.2012.deb driver.
- Compulab's Linux Mint shipped with this driver already installed.