Airtop2 running on embedded GPU is flickering/bad display on Linux
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 07:55, 19 August 2019 by Tamir
- The following document applies to Airtop2 running Linux, with embedded display output.
- The solution has been tested on the following system:
Device: Airtop2 CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v6 BIOS: 04/17/2018 American Megatrends Inc. 5.12_ATOP2.PRD.0.45.2 EFI OS: Linux Mint 19 Tara Kernel: 4.15.0-23-generic
- Add kernel parameter "intel_idle.max_cstate=4" to the kernel boot line.
- Edit /etc/default/grub as root, for example: sudo nano /etc/default/grub
- Add intel_idle.max_cstate=4, it should look like this: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="intel_idle.max_cstate=4"
- Save the file and close the editor
- Run sudo update-grub2 to regenerate the grub config files
Note: If you need to boot from LiveUSB you will need to add "intel_idle.max_cstate=4" to the kernel boot line manually. For example on LinuxMint you need to press "e" to edit kernel boot line from the GRUB menu.