From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 11:14, 8 September 2015 by Maxim
FM-SER FACE Module provide various serial connectivity solution and compatible with several Compulab systems. Refer to Compatibility Matrix for products fit.
- High performance UARTS
- Asynchronous baud rates up to 15Mbps
- 128-byte deep TX/RX FIFOs
- Advanced FIFO fill management
- RS232, RS485, RS422 operation
- Programmable RS485 turn-around delay
- 450 through 950 software compatibility
- Two independent CAN bus controllers implement CAN V2.0B at rate of up to 1Mbps each
- Isolated PHY with rated isolation voltage of 2.5 kV RMS
|RS232 / RS485 / RS4221|| 6x RJ-11 jacks functioning as RS2322, as
half3/full-duplex RS485 or RS422 serial ports;
|CAN bus|| 2x RJ-45 jacks functioning as an isolated Controller
Area Network (CAN) bus
- The default standard can be configured by jumper E1. See section Serial Ports Configuration.
- FM-SER is classified as DTE (Data Terminal Equipment) in terms of RS232 standard definition.
- RS485 half-duplex mode requires special HW/SW adaptation