FM-SER FACE Module provide various serial connectivity solution and compatible with several Compulab systems. Refer to Compatibility Matrix for products fit.
- High performance UARTS
- Asynchronous baud rates up to 15Mbps
- 128-byte deep TX/RX FIFOs
- Advanced FIFO fill management
- RS232, RS485, RS422 operation
- Programmable RS485 turn-around delay
- 450 through 950 software compatibility
- Two independent CAN bus controllers implement CAN V2.0B at rate of up to 1Mbps each
- Isolated PHY with rated isolation voltage of 2.5 kV RMS
|RS232 / RS485 / RS4221||6x RJ-11 jacks functioning as RS2322, as half3/full-duplex RS485 or RS422 serial ports;|
|CAN bus||2x RJ-45 jacks functioning as an isolated Controller Area Network (CAN) bus|
- The default standard can be configured by jumper E1. See section Serial Ports Configuration.
- FM-SER is classified as DTE (Data Terminal Equipment) in terms of RS232 standard definition.
- RS485 half-duplex mode requires special HW/SW adaptation
The following section provides information about the main components and respective features, as well as available configuration options. PCIe to UART Bridge PLX OXPCIe958
- UART bridge – from PCIe to 8 serial ports 1
- Eight 128-byte transmit and receive FIFO unit
- Integrated DMA controller
- Asynchronous data rate of up to 15.625 Mbp
Notes: FM-SER utilizes 6 serial ports
LTC2872 Dual Multiprotocol Transceiver
- Three dual transceivers are onboard the FM-SER provide 6 multiprotocol serial ports.
- Implementation of physical layer (PHY) of RS232 or RS485 serial protocol ports.
- Up to 500kbps data rate from UART to RS232 and up to 15 Mbps data rate to full duplex RS485
- Supports RS422 and half duplex RS485 protocols
- Integrated termination resistors are being switched according to mode of operation.
- Loopback mode for self-testing
CAN Bus Controller MCP2515
- Connected to SPI bus originated from a USB to SPI bridge
- Two CAN bus controllers implement CAN V2.0B at rate of up to 1Mbps each.
- Six 29-bit filters, two 29-bit masks and two receive buffers with prioritized message storage
- Interrupt outputs from CAN bus controllers and a shared reset input are connected to the host motherboard.
CAN PHY ADM3053 (Isolation Driver)
- Isolated physical layer (PHY) transceiver with rated isolation voltage of 2.5 kV RMS for 1 minute
- Data rate of up to 1Mbps
- Consumers power from the CAN bus by default, and can be configured to supply power of up to 170 mA to the bus.