From fit-PC wiki
In this document fit-PC relates to both fit-PC2 & fit-PC2i
- 1 Watchdog
- 2 Power consumption
- 3 Power plug
- 4 Ethernet
- 5 Serial port (fit-PC2i only)
- 6 Consumer IR receiver (fit-PC2 only)
- 7 Display
- 8 Storage
- 9 Audio
- 10 WiFi
- 11 Auto-on
- 12 USB
- 13 mini PCIe
- Watchdog reboots the system when it freezes
- Watchdog should be enabled in BIOS and triggered periodically from OS.
- See Watchdog in Windows XP
- See Watchdog in Linux
- See watchdog forum discussion
Below are power consumption measurements for fit-PC
- Measurements are done on 12V DC - fit-PC only excluding power supply
- HDD and USB keyboard & mouse are included. fit-PC is connected to XGA display
- Measurements are done in Windows XP
- Off: 0.45W
- Standby: 1.0W
- XP average: 6.5W
- XP peak: 9.12W
- Off: 1.2W
- Standby: 1.2W
- XP average: 7.1W
- XP Peak: 9.24W
- Power plug dimensions:
- 3.5mm external (GND)
- 1.35mm internal (+12V)
- 7.5mm length
- General tolerance +/- 0.1mm
- The standard fit-PC2 power supply is shipped with a custom plug having a security screw preventing unwanted pull-out of the plug.
- fit-PC2 is using Realtek RTL8111D GbE controller
- fit-PC2i is using Realtek RTL8111C GbE controller
Wake-on-LAN (fit-PC2i only)
- Wake-on-LAN works in S3 (standby), but does not work in S5 (off state). The reason is that WOL is implemented as PCI wake to the US15W SCH which is not powered in S5.
- For controlling fit-PC2i remotely use standby rather than shut down. To restart from a clean boot use software reboot.
Serial port (fit-PC2i only)
The serial port RS232 is brought-out through a custom mini connector. fit-PC2i is supplied with a cable to DB9 female.
Consumer IR receiver (fit-PC2 only)
- The IR sub-system includes
- IR receiver Vishay TSOP38238 or compatible
- Micro-controller Atmel ATtiny2313-20MU connected through USB interface
- fit-PC2 IR works at 38 KHz - compatible with most consumer IR remotes
- SW support:
- Windows - EventGhost
- Linux - LIRC
- The standard HDD is 2.5" 160GB 5400RPM
- Throughput is 60MB/s read/write
- SATA SSD can be installed instead of the HDD
- CompuLab is offering Sandisk 8GB or 32GB pSSD (option H8 or H32)
Internal USB thumb-drive (fit-PC2i only)
- fit-PC2 rev 1.4 and fit-PC2i rev 1.2 use codec Realtek ALC662.
- fit-PC2 rev 1.21 uses codec Realtek ALC262
- fit-PC2i rev 1.1 uses codec IDT 92HD83
- What is auto-on
- Auto-on is present on all fit-PC2i revisions.
- Starting from fit-PC2 rev 1.4 auto-on is always present.
- USB ports provide up to 0.5A as specified by USB standard. Note when connecting high power devices such as HDD.
- Total current consumption from all USB ports should not exceed 1.5A.
- Normally the miniPCIe is used for WiFi, so when fit-PC is ordered with option W - mini-PCIe is not available.
- In fit-PC2 mini-PCIe supports half-size & full-size miniPCIe adapters with PCIe and USB2 high-speed interfaces. USB1.1 is not supported.
- In fit-PC2i miniPCIe supports only USB2 high-speed adapters - no PCIe and no USB1.1