From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 07:31, 6 June 2018 by Irads
- fit-statUSB is a programmable fingernail-size color LED that plugs into a USB port.
- fit-statUSB provides status indication by changing the LED color, brightness and color cycle.
- fit-statUSB identifies to the PC as a serial device and changes the LED color by text commands received over the serial port.
Using fit-statUSB in Windows
From command line
echo [command] > \\.\[com port]
- [command] - the command sent to fit-statUSB over serial
- [com port] - the COM port assigned to fit-statUSB
Example: Assuming fit-statUSB is on COM10 the following command will set fit-statUSB color to red:
echo #FF0000 > \\.\COM10
Detect COM port of fit-statUSB
Use mode command
You will receive a list of COM ports. fit-statUSB listing on COM10 looks like that:
Status for device COM10: ------------------------ Baud: 9600 Parity: None Data Bits: 8 Stop Bits: 1 Timeout: ON XON/XOFF: OFF CTS handshaking: OFF DSR handshaking: OFF DSR sensitivity: OFF DTR circuit: OFF RTS circuit: OFF