Intel: Installing Android-x86
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 14:28, 19 December 2018 by Denis
- This guide is valid for fitlet2
Prepare installation media
- A USB DVD-ROM drive or a USB disk of at least 1GB should be used as installation media
- Download Android-x86 8.1-rc2 live and installation iso (64-bit)
- For installation with a USB DVD-ROM - flash the downloaded image directly onto a DVD
- For installation with a USB disk on a Linux host you can use dd the command:
$ sudo dd if=android-x86_64-8.1-rc2.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=1MB
- NOTE: /dev/sdX in the command above is the device name of the target USB disk
Base installation of Android-x86
- After seconds of booting, in the initial menu select "Advanced options -> Android-x86 8.1-rc2 Auto Install to specified harddisk"
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot
- Follow the standard Android-x86 setup procedure - choose language, Google account, timezone etc.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Play store, Youtube etc. work out of the box