Quick AMT Setup
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 11:01, 15 July 2015 by Maxim (Created page with ''''Quick AMT Setup for IPC2, Intense PC and uSVR''' #Enter BIOS go to ADVANCED -> AMT Configuration and set "Enter Intel(R) MEBx Setup" to "Enabled" #Exit saving changes -> Syst...')
Quick AMT Setup for IPC2, Intense PC and uSVR
- Enter BIOS go to ADVANCED -> AMT Configuration and set "Enter Intel(R) MEBx Setup" to "Enabled"
- Exit saving changes -> System will boot ( one time ) to to MEBx AMT setup
- Enter "MEBx Login" -> using password "admin" and set the "Intel(R) ME New password " according with rules below
- At least 8 characters ( max32)
- At least one digit character(0-9)
- At least one 7-bit ASCII non alpha-numeric character(e.g.'!','$',';') , but excluding ':' ,',' and '""' characters
- At least one lower case letter ('a','b'...'z') and at least one upper case letter ('A' ,'B'...'Z')
- Enter "Intel(R) AMT Configuration" -> "Activate Network Access" and press "Y"
- Enter "Network Setup" -> "TCP/IP Settings" ->"Wired LAN IPV4 Configuration" -> "DHCP Mode" and set to "Disabled"
- Now set all IPs related settings and then press "ESC" four times - returning to main menu
- Press "MEBx Exit" and wait until reboot
- Unplug your system for 20-30s and then plug it back
- Connect Intel LAN to the network ( right one from the rear)
- On the remote machine:
- Open browser and set address to http://your_ip:16992 when "your_ip" was set previously in the AMT setup
- Press "Log On" and enter login/password -> "admin"/your_psw when "your_psw" was set previously in the AMT setup
- Now all system information/status/remote management menus are accessible including remote power on/off
- For remote KVM use "VNC Viewer Plus": http://www.realvnc.com/products/viewerplus/