TEL-CANBUS technical documentation
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 15:07, 26 May 2020 by Irads
TEL-CANBUS provides CANbus interface with isolation through a DB-9 connector.
ToDo: CANbus version? ToDo: Data rate?
TEL-CANBUS is utilizing a USB2 interface. Multiple TEL-CANBUS cards can be installed in a system.
- CANbus through DB-9 Connector
ToDo: single CANbus device or multiple? More information about CANbus capabilities ToDo: microcontroller? Which?
- Windows and Linux support
- Driverless operation in Windows
- USB native device in Linux
Electrical and environmental
- Isolation per UL 1577
- Transient immunity: 30kV/uS.
- Isolated DC 5V power
- Ambient Operation from –40°C to 125°C.
- Two Code implementations in one device switchable by a DIP Switch.
ToDo: please elaborate what are the code implementations
- DIP switch for enabling/disabling on-board 120 Ohm termination
ToDo: can firmware be upgraded? How?
Open source hardware and software
- Complete hardware design files are available
- Complete firmware is available
- Designed for Hacking - Easily scriptable using an open-source Python library.
ToDo: firmware or software, not clear
Latest HW Version Rev 1.0
ToDo: Add block diagram
ToDo: nice looking DB-9 Pinout
ToDo: Add 3D model
Hardware design files
ToDo: Add Gerbers ToDo: Add Schematics
Software source files
ToDo add files