From fit-PC wiki
Below guides will help to enable and operate system's special features available in CompuLab fit-PC products:
- Wake on LAN feature allows to wake the system from a remote location over a network.
- WOL feature can be enabled and configured with the linked GUI application:
- Wake on Timer feature allows to wake the system according to user defined schedules:
- a. Enable Wake timers in Windows power options:
- b. Test the Wake timers with WakeUP application:
- c. Windows Task Scheduler can also be used:
3. Auto On
- Auto-on mechanism used to automatically power on the system after power failure or power interruption has occurred.
- It can be configured to several options (depends on system):
- a. Enabled - system go active (S0) after power interruption occurred
- b. Disabled - system remains in shut down (S5) after power interruption occurred
- c. Keeper - system follows the last state (S0, S5) after power interruption occurred
4. PXE Boot (LAN boot)
- PXE boot allows to boot a system from remote location over a network, either WAN or LAN.
- PXE boot is a Linux feature only.
- A watchdog timer is a mechanism that used to detect and recover the system from malfunctions, like hardware faults or program errors. During normal operation, the computer regularly restarts the watchdog timer to prevent it from elapsing, or "timing out".
- a. Enable the watchdog in BIOS: set between 6-1023 seconds. When enabled, the downcounter counts and reset the system as it reach 0.
- b. Install watchdog driver: During proper system operation, watchdog timer should be disabled (to prevent timeouts), which is done by the software driver.