Tensor-PC does not boot
From fit-PC wiki
- 1 I can not turn on the it does not boot
- 1.1 1. Possible reason: Power supply failure
- 1.2 2. Possible reason: Memory failure
- 1.3 3. Possible reason: Peripherals/TELs failure
- 1.4 4. Storage issue or missing operating system
- 1.5 5. Tensor-PC BIOS reset
- 2 Reset BIOS settings to default for Tensor-PC revisions 1.2 and later:
I can not turn on the it does not boot
1. Possible reason: Power supply failure
Solution - Check power supply (PSU)
- Check that the LED on the PSU is lit green. If not, check that it is connected to a functional AC outlet.
- Check that the power button on the front panel is lit. If not, check that the DC plug is inserted correctly into the jack at the rear panel of Tensor-PC.
- Make sure the DC cable is not damaged and connected properly to the machine.
- Make sure the AC cord is properly plugged to both sides (Wall mounted well plugged).
- Trying an alternative adapter could eliminate bad PSU.
2. Possible reason: Memory failure
Solution - Check memory (RAM)
The most common reason is RAM that is not installed or incompatible. Tensor-PC supports DDR4 DIMM. Note that registered (buffered) DIMM is not supported.
- Check that RAM is compatible and installed correctly.
- If you have multiple DIMM modules you may leave only one and change its slot.
- Try powering up again until RAM is detected properly.
3. Possible reason: Peripherals/TELs failure
Solution - Check Peripherals (HDD/SSD/USB/Modem/WiFi module) and TELs
- If you can access BIOS - check whether all TELs are recognized properly
- Check whether all TELs are correctly connected to the appropriate TRIPs. Check the TEL to TRIP correspondence table
- Unplug peripherals and try to power up with bare minimum, that includes HDD/SSD/USB devices.
- Verify power up without storage. Sometimes damaged drives may cause the overall system to malfunction.
4. Storage issue or missing operating system
- Ensure a storage device is installed and detected in BIOS settings.
- Check boot order in BIOS settings.
- Ensure that an operating system is installed on the selected storage device.
5. Tensor-PC BIOS reset
Reset BIOS settings to default for Tensor-PC revisions 1.2 and later:
- Unplug power cable from the Tensor-PC
- Remove the 4x Phillips Chassis screws
- Remove bottom and top cover
- Remove the RAM stick
- Plug in power cable (should turn on automatically), and Wait ~10 seconds
- Unplug power cable
- Assemble back the RAM stick
- Press the RTC reset button.
- Plug power cable (should be automatically turned on)
BIOS settings should be reset to defaults.
- For Tensor-PC older than rev 1.2 see Tensor-PC BIOS reset for rev 1.1 and older