No Audio After BIOS Update

tccc143

No Audio After BIOS Update

Post by tccc143 »

Updated to the new BIOS for overclocking and now I have no audio. I have reinstalled the drivers, and used both digital and regular speakers. No issues in device manager, but just no sound. Any ideas......

irads

Re: No Audio After BIOS Update

Post by irads »

Please try restoring previous version and see if audio returns.
Specify which type and revision of fit-PC2 you are using and which BIOS version you updated to.

tccc143

Post by tccc143 »

Previous versions are not working. I am not sure which version of the fit i have....the sticker on the box says, c1600-h-w-kl, 090909-151. I am of course right at my 1 year warranty date, so i hope this can be corrected. I also reinstalled windows today to see if that would work, but same thing. I even tried both analog and digital speakers. This is my families only computer, so your help is appreciated.

irads

Post by irads »

You have fit-PC2 rev 1.21
The recommended BIOS is http://fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?title ... 4-Dec-2009

Since audio was working until the BIOS upgrade there is no reason to assume a HW problem.

Make sure to install chipset and audio drivers from http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/xp-drivers/

tccc143

Post by tccc143 »

I am using win 7.......re these the ones for that system? Also does my model only have analog? Because in the audio manager it shows it as digital. Would it hurt the system to go back to the original BIOS to see if this fixes it?

irads

Post by irads »

Drivers for Windows 7 can be found at http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/win7-drivers/
fit-PC2 rev 1.21 has the ALC262 codec which does not support digital audio.
You can change BIOS to older version, but I suggest to install CompuLab drivers first - it should fix the problem.

tccc143

Post by tccc143 »

I have reinstalled windows7, and all of the drivers. I still have no audio. I have changed the bios to it's original. i show no issues in device manager. When i power the computer down i will get a pop from the speakers, but that is it. What else am i missing? Also in the profile it shows no speakers plugged in, but they are. i have tried several different speakers and headphones........still shows no speakers plugged in.

irads

Post by irads »

In BIOS setup under Intel / BIOS there is Audio entry. Make sure it is not disabled.

tccc143

Post by tccc143 »

It is showing active/enabled. Also when I install the audio driver and reboot, a screen pops up "audio patch", but as it tries to install it says access denied. Plus now even after installing the driver it shows "no audio output device installed".

irads

Post by irads »

The audio patch is mandatory for re-routing audio to the front speakers. Make sure you apply it.

Return to “Windows on fit-PC2”