32Gb SSD Installed but Only 16.6Gb Available

marfil

32Gb SSD Installed but Only 16.6Gb Available

Post by marfil »

I just received 3 lovely Win7 Pro fit-PC 2i, and one of the first things that I noticed is that out of the 32Gb on the SSD HDD, the C drive only reports to have a capacity of 16.6Gb (on Windows Explorer)

Looking into Disk Manager confirmed that the disk is indeed 32Gb (Disk 0 Basic 29.82 GB Online) in accordance with the build specs.

The volumes list on Disk Manager however reports that the volume i.e. "Windows (C:)" has a capacity of only 16.64 Gb.

I can also confirm that there isn't any unallocated capacity on the the SSD HDD i.e. Disk 0 (according to Disk Manager).

Researching this issue online suggests that it could be due to any of the following
* the program that restored/dumped the pre-installed windows image caused the issue (most likely I think)
* hidden recovery partition (that windows can't read)
* faulty partition table (perhaps related to the first reason)
* faulty HDD (let's hope not :-)

Cutting the long story short, I'm missing 14Gb and I want them back... what do I have to do? Any help would be great!

marfil

Re: 32Gb SSD Installed but Only 16.6Gb Available

Post by marfil »

All three fit-PCs that I purchased have the same issue, so it has to be a known issue.

Could fit-PC's support please respond to my post as a matter of priority (I have my client waiting to get the fit-PCs ready to go into production)

Cheers,

Alex

irads

Post by irads »

Win7 on 32GB SSD is a new configuration, so it is not unlikely to have configuration issues.
I asked our R&D to look into it. We will let you know as soon as the issue is reproduced and resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Good Day

Please refer to http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2396

Sorry for an inconvenience

Thank You
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

marfil

Post by marfil »

Thanks Irad and Gabriel,

Thanks for the response, and for the comprehensive resolution. I'll give that a go!

However it is very frustrating to know that units are being sold with this known issue, and as much as two months after fit-PC becoming aware of it (i.e. post with fix is from June 20110).

Even if you were budget constrained and could not fix the issue promptly, a simple paper note would have saved me (and presumably many other customers) lot of time. I spent a about 5 hours on this matter by now, and estimating another good hour to get all three units patched.

I hope that you welcome this feedback and take it on board.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Alex

irads

Post by irads »

Alex,

Please read carefully the link. The post is from Aug-12. We never ship knowingly faulty units.

That said, such faults should not happen. We are doing everything we can to catch them before shipping, unfortunately not with 100% success rate.

Best regards,
Irad

marfil

Post by marfil »

Hi Irad,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Oops, so you are right (I was looking at the the Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 date), I retract my previous comment.

Cheers,

Alex

Return to “Windows on fit-PC2”