IR: missing sensor?

neil

IR: missing sensor?

Post by neil »

I have fitPC2 D1G-C1600-W am trying to make my IR work. I seem to have everything correctly configured, as described here: http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1528

But it does not receive anything. Through the forum I found a picture of a FitPC2's insides: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9777143@N0 ... 961766138/

There is clearly a vacancy for a 3-pin component "U10" directly behind the IR window. I shone a flashlight into the window of my unit and it looks just the same, no component there just a gap with three contacts and a "U10" marking on the board.

Is there supposed to be an IR sensor there? Does model D1G-C1600-W do IR or not? I am running it headless and was really hoping to use the IR for a couple of commands without having to actually log in remotely.

kilowatt

Re: IR: missing sensor?

Post by kilowatt »

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your missing IR sensor?

neil

Post by neil »

Not yet, I am hoping for an informative reply from the fitPC team...

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

What is the serial number of your FitPC2? Indeed the very first units did not have the IR sensor (like on the photo you linked from Flickr), but all other units did.

I posted the CentOS installation guidelines, but I do not think your problem is CentOS-related. If you install another OS, i.e. Windows XP Home, do you manage to detect your sensor and work with it?

neil

Post by neil »

The full number on the label is D1G-C1600-W ACN 100916-001. I just bought it here in the UK last month, but the instruction manual is dated 23 June 2009.

Through the IR window, I do have a clear view of that "U10" spot with nothing soldered into it, if that is where the sensor is supposed to be.

I haven't tried Windows.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

neil wrote:The full number on the label is D1G-C1600-W ACN 100916-001. I just bought it here in the UK last month, but the instruction manual is dated 23 June 2009.
I think it's a typo in the user manual, the real date should be 23 June 2010.
neil wrote:Through the IR window, I do have a clear view of that "U10" spot with nothing soldered into it, if that is where the sensor is supposed to be.
Looks like the IR was not soldered by mistake. You should contact the UK distributor and ask for replacement.

neil

Post by neil »

OK, I will do that. Thanks for your help.

irads

Post by irads »

Please email rma@fit-pc.com
In case you received a system with a missing component we will replace it at no charge.

Return to “fit-PC2 hardware”