Serial Port cCable

XtremeVision

Serial Port cCable

Post by XtremeVision »

Has anyone come up with a way to better secure the Serial cable to the jack on front of the fit-PCi ?
I am using I in my airplane and I is located in the ack of he plane due to the need to connect to a device located in the rear. During takeoff and some maneuvers the cable dislodges from the connector.
Thanks,

XtremeVision

Re: Serial Port cCable

Post by XtremeVision »

Sorry for the bad typing. I was using an iPad and it's more difficult to type on those things.
I am using I in my airplane and I is located in the ack of he plane due to the need to connect to a device located in the rear. Should have been:

I am using it in my airplane and it is located in the back of the plane due to the need to connect to a device located in the rear.

Bottom line is I'm looking for suggestions on locking the serial cable similar to the way power cable. If anyone has experience with how to accomplish this I would appreciate your sharing.
Best Regards,
Xtreme Vision

irads

Post by irads »

You can improvise to get similar effect.
Drill a 1.6mm small hole through the "O" of the COM label (The plate is plastic so you will not getting any short circuiting dust).
Insert a 16mm M2 screw through the hole.
Plug the mini-serial and tighten a small plastic band around the shroud and screw.

I believe this will resist a pull of about 2Kg.

XtremeVision

Post by XtremeVision »

Thanks for the reply Irads. I will give it a try.
I assume you meant 1.6mm instead of 16mm:
"Insert a 16mm M2 screw through the hole."

irads

Post by irads »

I meant length of 16mm - about 3 mm buried in the plate and 13mm sticking out so you can wrap the band.

XtremeVision

Post by XtremeVision »

Oh that makes sense. Thanks again.

Return to “fit-PC2 hardware”