TouchScreen Support

zpbappi

TouchScreen Support

Post by zpbappi »

hi,

can i use touchscreen with fit-PC2?

actually i want to develop a windows service (or, a start up program) that will render an user interface to the touch screen display and the program/service will also take input from the touch screen. i know, this is easily possible in embedded system. but, to my knowledge, windows xp (desktop) is used in fit-PC2. so, there is a question of compatible touch screen device for it. well, there are others. but, i was looking for something from you.

so, i searched for hardware in your CompuLab.co.il site. and, found some touchscreen display. but, i did not understand the compatibility options fully there. simply, my question is, can i use a touchscreen device for the purpose specified above in fit-PC2 that runs windows xp sp1 (or above)? if yes, then i would like to buy it from you (CompuLab, i think) which comes with device driver (driver should be compatible with .net framework 2.0 or above).

please tell me possible ways i can meet my needs. there will be numerous orders for the whole package (i.e., fit-PC2 + touchscreen + driver).

thanks.

Zahedi Parvez Bappi
Software Development Manager
NDD Soft
e: zpbappi@nddsoft.com
t: +880 1552 371506
w: http://www.nddsoft.com

irads

Re: TouchScreen Support

Post by irads »

What CompuLab has is not compatible with fit-PC2.
You should look for a touchscreen USB kit with drivers. We don't offer such.

teetee1

Post by teetee1 »

This is usually done with an add-on device on your screen/panel. A proper interface(serial/usb) and the driver are required for the system to recognize the device(ex. touchscreen, printer, scanner, etc). Also all the touchscreen device requires the surface area(ex. 7-inch, 10-inch or 24-inch) info before purchasing. As long as the touchscreen kit is recognized by the system, all the work to generate a usable interface for your project will be on the software side.

zpbappi

Post by zpbappi »

ok. then i will have to use other manufacturer's touch screen. also, let me know when CompuLab releases a compatible touch screen device. if there is any option to order such things for manufacturing from CompuLab, let me know. i will be glad to have it from you.

by the way, can you please refer me to some manufacturers that could possibly meet my criteria? well, i only need the touch screen with driver. i know i have to develop the rest :)

thanks.

zp bappi.

teetee1

Post by teetee1 »

I guess you can use "digitizer" as keyword to search online. Some digitizer board use USB and some use bluetooth(wireless connection).

There are some digitizer kits from a Chinese online store called dealextreme:
http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/se ... itizer#317

Return to “fit-PC2 hardware”