uSVR crashing/hanging intermittently

fludorf

uSVR crashing/hanging intermittently

Post by fludorf »

Hi all,

I have my uSV two weeks now. I have Clearos (based on Centos) installed and for the most part it works very well.

However in the two weeks it has crashed/hung about 6 times. After a hard reboot everything works as normal. I have not found anything in the logs.

I've used mem86pro to test the memory and found no errors. However whilst doing one of the test cycles ver night it hung.

I am not sure whether its relevant or not but I have had issues with my keyboard/mouse too.... the movement or keys would often be delayed by 4-5 seconds.

I have the latest firmware installed. I will do further mainboard/CPU/GPU tests tonight.

Is anybody else experiencing this the same issues?

fludorf

Re: uSVR crashing/hanging intermittently

Post by fludorf »

Just an update. I ran individual tests on the CPU, GPU, memory and HDD and found no errors. However while doing a burn-in test overnight the machine hung twice.

I have submitted a support to Compulabs.

irads

Post by irads »

May be worth to eliminate OS related issue. Hardware of uSVR is nearly identical to Intense PC. Linux Mint for Intense PC should be the most stable and is worth checking if intermittent hangs persist with it.

nemprinter

Post by nemprinter »

irads wrote:May be worth to eliminate OS related issue. Hardware of uSVR is nearly identical to Intense PC. Linux Mint for Intense PC should be the most stable and is worth checking if intermittent hangs persist with it.

I have same problem i have tried to install Centos 7 and ubuntu server 14.04.1 where it hangs next morning (can't see its raid disk any more) after i have shot down in evening
then i install mint17 desktop version with out any problem

NEW it also crash in Mint 17

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

1. Please verify for latest BIOS, otherwise update.
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/USVR_BIOS

2. Re-install the system.

Return to “General uSVR questions”