IPC2 hardware reliability feedbacks

fcueto

IPC2 hardware reliability feedbacks

Post by fcueto »

Hi,
I'm an IPC2 users for several weeks and would like to share feedback with other IPC2 owners.

In the past I had a fit-pc slim and a fit-pc 2i and these products were rock stable. So naturally I went to Compulab to buy my new fanless pc.

But so far, my experience with the IPC2 is quite different and I'm not happy with this product at all.

I bought an IPC2 i7 with the FM4LAN Face module (=4 additional Intel NIC) to build my own gigabit ethernet router.

The first unit they sent me was defective, it was freezing/crashing after several hours of uptime. I don't know why, maybe it was the motherboard, maybe the cpu, maybe the power supply, ....
Anyway, I had to RMA it, and received another unit a month later.

Now this new unit is not crashing anymore, but one of the NIC of the FM4LAN module is not working properly.
I sent an email to the RMA team on sunday but didn't receive any answer so far. In the meantime, all I have is this expensive non-working piece of hardware lying around in the livingroom....

Other IPC2 owners, can you tell us if you encountered hardware issues with this model ? If you did, can you tell us how it ended ?

Florent

mbirger

Re: IPC2 hardware reliability feedbacks

Post by mbirger »

IPC2 is an incredible, powerful, yet very small and comfortable piece of HW.
I don't know why do you say it is "non-working piece of hardware lying around" when a line before you've said it is operational.

All your issue is one LAN port on the FM-4LAN?
What is the problem?
Have you installed the relevant drivers for the module?
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/FA ... es:FM-4LAN

fcueto

Post by fcueto »

mbirger wrote:IPC2 is an incredible, powerful, yet very small and comfortable piece of HW.
I don't know why do you say it is "non-working piece of hardware lying around" when a line before you've said it is operational.
All your issue is one LAN port on the FM-4LAN?
The only remaining issue is one LAN port.
mbirger wrote: What is the problem?
Have you installed the relevant drivers for the module?
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/FA ... es:FM-4LAN
It was not a driver issue, it was a faulty module. The RMA team has been very helpful and after I replaced the FM4LAN module by a new one, now everything is working properly.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Great.
For any issue we are here to help and replace if required.

Return to “IPC2 faults and troubleshooting”