System Timer

Dinosaur

System Timer

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi All

I am running Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3 64 bit on a Fitlet B Barebone.

I also use FreeBasic to develop applications for industrial machines, and have done so successfully for the last 20+ years.

Compiling my application and running them on the Fitlet are not a problem, everything works the way it is suppose to.
Over the last few weeks I have been setting up a disk that I will image and put into
a new machine every time I finish one. Part of the disk is having a gui debugger available that will work for me.
At first I thought my problem was the debugger, so I tried about 10 of them, but they all have the same problem.
The Problem:
In FreeBasic there is a "Timer" statement that gives you the time in Sec's since some fixed point in time.It uses a Double to store the value.
Testing that today gives me 1450636076 which calculates to 45.999 years since it started. That is 1969.
Now I dont care about that, but I am putting it here to give perspective to the problem.

When I run my program normally all the timing functions work perfectly.
When I run it in a debugger it totally ignores the timing functions as if the time has elapsed. After testing I found out that it is the 64 bit Double Integer calculations that are overflowing.

The question:
Can I reset the Timer to some more recent time so that I stay within Double Integer limits
Regards

mbirger

Re: System Timer

Post by mbirger »

I will let our Linux expert to address this.

Return to “fitlet BIOS”