Filtet-RM-iA10 vs FitPC2 Temp

schling

Filtet-RM-iA10 vs FitPC2 Temp

Post by schling »

I am about to pull the trigger on a Fitlet-RM-iA10 to replace my FitPC2 as I run into processor bottlenecks once in a while.

The FitPC2 sits in my remote control observatory, and the CPU typically runs about 10 to 15 degrees above ambient. This is in headless configuration, with the optional heatsink (+thermal paste between heatsink and housing), vertical mounting on a DIN rail (i.e. good convective flow all around the housing), and lots of stopped Windows services. The SSD inside runs about 10 degrees hotter, i.e. 20-25 degrees above ambient.

I have read a lot about the high temperatures of the Fitlet,. In my case it would be the RM-iA10 as it will bring me a significant performance boost.

I am wondering whether anybody could provide me with some comfort with respect to what I could expect in terms of temperatures after migrating the system from the FitPC2 to the new machine.My concern relates to the occasional high daytime temperatures inside the observatory, which on hot days can reach 40 degrees C. This would give me about 30 deg C margin before going past 70 deg on the CPU and the SSD.

Thanks for anybody's experience and advice. Current processor load on the FitPC2 is about 20-30% during daytime, which I would expect to drop quite significantly in case of the Fitlet.

Robert

irads

Re: Filtet-RM-iA10 vs FitPC2 Temp

Post by irads »

In a few days you can order fitlet2.
Thermal design exceeds both fitlet-RM and fit-PC2.

https://fit-iot.com/web/products/fitlet ... fications/

schling

Re: Filtet-RM-iA10 vs FitPC2 Temp

Post by schling »

Ok thanks. I’ll wait!

Return to “Power and heat”