Fitlet will not POST for long period after shut down

p.goss

Fitlet will not POST for long period after shut down

Post by p.goss »

Overall my new fitlet X-A10-LAN works well the one problem is that it does not want to start up for several minutes after a shutdown.

I did a lot of searching and have found a couple of people who have had similar problems with other hardware but I can't find a fitlet post that looks similar. One of those posts suggested that they thought it was a heat problem. I have the heat sink case top and it gets warm but not hot so I don't think that it is that. Another suggested that it was fixed for them when they turned off ACPI in the BIOS. I don't see anything that looks like you can do that in the Fitlet's BIOS directly but I have experimented with "ACPI Auto Configuration" and the "PSS Support" with no change in how it works. I have upgraded the BIOS to the 0.08.08 version (0.08.04 was the original version). This also didn't change anything.

Any thoughts on where I should go from here in my trouble shooting? I'm starting to be afraid that it's a hardware problem but I'm also afraid that It's just me being dumb somewhere.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

~Peter

mbirger

Re: Fitlet will not POST for long period after shut down

Post by mbirger »

It is definitely abnormal. Please try the troubleshooting and BIOS reset:
http://fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fitlet_Troubleshooting

Is that was the situation before BIOS update as well?

p.goss

Post by p.goss »

Pressing the low profile BIOS Reset button seems to have no effect. All settings were the same as before pressing the button for 3 seconds (I pressed it for about 10 seconds to make sure it was pressed for 3). The BIOS was still the 08.08 version. Am I assuming correctly that after pressing the button it should return to the original 08.04 version and reset all the settings back to their original settings?

p.goss

Post by p.goss »

Oh, and yes, this was the problem before updating the BIOS. I went through all the steps on the troubleshooting page before posting here (except for the RMA) before posting here.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Checking with the BIOS guy

Return to “fitlet faults and troubleshooting”