Airtpop HDMI ports

Ingebrigt

Airtpop HDMI ports

Post by Ingebrigt »

We have an Airtop (i7, no nVidia GPU) running windows 10. The computer is connected to to a LG 34UM95 (3440x1440) moinitor by HDMI. With the monitor connected to the bottom HDMI port it gets audio signal and 50hz refresh rate, connected to the top HDMI port, by the same cable and into same input on the monitor, there is no audio signal and the refresh rate drops to 30hz. We've tried re-installing the graphics drivers without observing any change.
According to specifications it seems that both HDMI ports should have the same bandwidth. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

tamir
Site Admin

Re: Airtpop HDMI ports

Post by tamir »

Sorry for the late reply.

I would like to make sure, you claim that one of the internal HDMI ports coming from your Airtop, is not forwarding audio signals to your monitor and its refresh rate is slower ? (30Hz compared to 50Hz)

Could you please provide the driver version you have currently installed from the device manager?

Ingebrigt

Post by Ingebrigt »

That is correct.

When the problem was discovered we had a recent driver from Intels webpage, now we have version 20.29.25.4642 downloaded from the support wiki with the same result.
To further troubleshoot the SSD was swapped out with a spare one and a fresh install of Windows 10 was performed with the same result. Then the computer was connected to 4k monitor, with this monitor we got 4k@24 hz as expected on "HDMI 1" and only 1920x1080 on "HDMI 2". This test was also perfomed with a single cable on same input for both ports.

tamir
Site Admin

Post by tamir »

Will consult with the project manager on this and return to you as soon as possible.

tamir
Site Admin

Post by tamir »

In order to examine this issue correctly, we need to be certain about the machine's configuration.
Please provide the machine's S/N and P/N as printed on the white sticker located right behind the side panel.

Ingebrigt

Post by Ingebrigt »

AIRTOP-C5775-D16-FM0-ACF
1171221-00128

tamir
Site Admin

Post by tamir »

Sorry for the delay, our R&D is working to reply on this...

tamir
Site Admin

Post by tamir »

The Intel Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics 6200 according to Intel's ARK:
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 0-ghz.html

Is capable of the following:
* Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4) 4096x2304@24Hz
* Should you configure 1080P resolution, the maximum refresh rate should be @60

Please describe exactly the resolution and refresh rate you've configured on the "HDMI2" ports you claim is not functioning well.
We should be able to identify if there's an issue according to the above information.

Ingebrigt

Post by Ingebrigt »

As stated earlier the HDMI2 port when connected to a 4k (3840x2160) display will not allow resolution above 1920x1080. When connected to a 3440x1440 it syncs at 29 hz. This in contrast to HDMI1 which gets 4k@24hz with the 4k display and 3440x1440@49hz on the ultrawide display.

Ingebrigt

Post by Ingebrigt »

tamir:

I've given you the serial number of the unit, were any tests performed at your end?
Quotes from ARK does not resolve the problem. I'm personally inclined to conclude thate ARK is wrong, based on this issue and other ones I've come across in my research. I do however sincierely hope I'm mistaken as that would mean that Compulab marketed the Airtop as "7x 4k" capable without testing it.
Please respond as this issue has been unresolved for too long.

-Ingebrigt

Return to “General Airtop questions”