View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Current best hardware for reasonable VPN and no fan? 

Post Current best hardware for reasonable VPN and no fan?
I have a 320Mbit/s fibre connection at home, and would like to be able to use it all for VPN capability as I tend to move large VMs between home and datacentre.

However, I don't want to have a hot, noisy PC running my pfsense. Hardware is evolving all the time, so i'd like to know what's the current view on what CPU I should be aiming for to get the most out of my VPN connection whilst hopefully running a fanless pre-built box?

I don't necessarily only need suggestions for current pfsense hardware, I'd like to know what CPUs would hit that performance spot (and what won't!) and what I should be looking for in terms of crypto hardware to aid me. It doesn't matter whether it's IPSec or OpenVPN as I can run either.

Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Current best hardware for reasonable VPN and no fan?
Although Linux mint is the only fully supported distribution for the fitlet2, there are customers reports it works well with it.
Perhaps you could consult the pfsense community via:
https://forum.netgate.com/

Also, there are threads over pfsense configuration for the fitlet2. A short search in here resulted the the following:
https://fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... nse#p21743

Wed May 15, 2019 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]