HD Ready 1366x768 res support?

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
lowe25

HD Ready 1366x768 res support?

Post by lowe25 »

Hello!

I have a fitpc2 and windowsxp sp3 running on it. I have the latest drivers.
I'm using it with a samsung 50" plasma tv through hdmi, but I can not set the resolution to 1366x768.

Is it possible to use this resolution or it is not an option to chose?

Thanks in advance!
L.

irads

Re: HD Ready 1366x768 res support?

Post by irads »

The 1366x768 resolution is known to work. There may be DDC problem between the fit-PC2 and your TV.
Do you see the boot window and XP loading window?
If so you may try to boot in VGA mode (F8 at startup) and configure resolution manually.

lowe25

Post by lowe25 »

Hello!

I forgot to say I have a Samsung PS50Q92H TV.
I tryed your suggestions, but it does not work, I can only choose the 1024*768, 12xx and 16xx resolutions, the 1366*768 is not on the list of available resolutions.
I found another topic with the same issue, as far as I remember the "colleague" asked to force the driver with the mentioned resolution as well.

(I see the boot up screen and windows logo on startup, so only the resolution is the problematic thing)

Just one more question:
Which Media software do you prefer to use on the fitpc2?
I'm just getting familiar with mediaportal. I read about Cyberlink's solution, but I haven't got experiences with other softwares except mediaportal.

Thanks for your help!

L.

irads

Post by irads »

You can use IEGD driver to force that resolution.
To take advantage of HW acceleration you need to use the provided CyberLink codecs.

ebrinton

Post by ebrinton »

:D
I too was experiencing the problem where the 1366x768 screen resolution option was NOT APEARING as an option even though I knew this was the native resolution for my new HP1858W monitor. It drove me crazy, but FINALLY the solution was simple, the graphics property MUST BE SET TO SINGLE DISPLAY! . With my new FIT-2 Windows7 box the default configuration was “Multiple Display” even though I only had one display attached (don’t know why this was). Even though the primary device was set as digital, the 1366x768 option was not allowed.
Here’s how to change to single display mode:
Right click on desktop => screen resolution => Advance settings =>Intel Media Accelerator driver for ultra mobile tab => Graphics properties => select SINGLE DISPLAY radio button and drop down to “Digital” ( be sure not to select MID – Mobil Internet Device)
(a short cut under widows 7 is Right click on desktop => Graphics properties => select SINGLE DISPLAY radio button and drop down to Digital)
After selecting the single display mode you should have a whole lot more resolutions available. To select one:
Right click on desktop => screen resolution => resolution => drop down and select the resolution you want.
I don’t know what happens if you require more than one display but my guess is that if you install a second display with the same higher resolution you will be able to select the high resolution for both monitors. I have run into similar issues where you are limited to the lower of the two resolutions when multiple displays are in use.
Hope this helps save someone some time!

Return to “Display interface”