Box powerfull enough to play Full HD video files?

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
HansiHusten

Box powerfull enough to play Full HD video files?

Post by HansiHusten »

Hey there,

as im planing to buy two or three of those nice boxes, im asking myself if its REALLY possible to stream full HD 1080p or at least 720p wmv files via SMB without lagging on the screen. Im planing to use XBMC for this. So there is really no lagging or stuttering when playing the video files? The graphics chip + CPU powerfull enough for that?
That video in the gallery of the website showed only a fullscreen HD tv with a smaller video. Thats why im wondering. Any info would be appreciate.
Thanks
HH

irads

Re: Box powerfull enough to play Full HD video files?

Post by irads »

Generally - yes, 1080p can play smoothly on fit-PC2. Specifically it depends on codecs using HW acceleration. There is a good H.264 codec but not VC1 codec so .WMV at HD resolution is not guaranteed. .MKV and .MOV would play fine with fit-PC2 XP HD.

Flying-Dutchman

Post by Flying-Dutchman »

What drivermix would you recommend for best movie acceleration and opengl support under windows XP? the Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers?

http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/IEGD/#overview

irads

Post by irads »

For DirectX you would get best results with GMA500. For OpenGL - IEGD.
Playback performance is similar in both - make sure to use CyberLink PowerDVD SE provided with fit-PC2 XP HD.

Flying-Dutchman

Post by Flying-Dutchman »

Thanks!

Is it possible to obtain this program when I buy the Fit-PC-2i when it comes out when I choose the diskless version? Or should I buy it elswhere? Since I already have an XP licence...

irads

Post by irads »

We do not have the option to sell PowerDVD SE separately.
Some versions of PowerDVD 9 have the relevant codecs.

Return to “Display interface”