Not loading/Screen issues

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
jose1

Not loading/Screen issues

Post by jose1 »

Fit-PC2 XP
Stops at grey screen with the Intel logo, I press F2 stays on grey screen says loading...
(Loads OK with another screen)
Last edited by jose1 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

jose1

Re: Not loading

Post by jose1 »

Original issue fixed. I Don't know if its something i did (bios>advanced>quickboot)

Now I'm having a new issue, I can't set the screen to full screen-864x1152 I can do larger and smaller.

fly

Re: Not loading/Screen issues

Post by fly »

Now I'm having a new issue, I can't set the screen to full screen-864x1152 I can do larger and smaller.

XGA+ is a non-standard resolution/dimension. It was common once, but was never approved by any standardization organization like VESA. So some cards might simply not support this mode with out of the box.

Which operating system are you using?
Which driver are you using?
Can you select 1152x864?

jose1

Post by jose1 »

Win-XP SP3, Intel media accelerator driver (it gives me options ..-...634x1127 648x1152 720x1280...+..)Comp Works OK with other monitor. Monitor used to work OK with Fit-PC Slim(VGA) (Windows loading screen looks OK until Welcome screen)

fly

Post by fly »

Monitor used to work OK with Fit-PC Slim(VGA)
fit-PC1 is a - from a technical point of view - entirely different system. Does this display work with the desired resolution on an other dvi or hdmi source?
full screen-864x1152
This size works fine for me on linux, so it's not a hardware problem, but more likely a driver issue.
)Comp Works OK with other monitor.
So, the fitPC2 dose work in the expected resolution with a different display?
(Windows loading screen looks OK until Welcome screen)
What exactly does not work?
Intel media accelerator driver
Did you get them from Intel, via Windows Update or from CompuLab? You might want to get the driver directly from CompuLab's download page.

irads

Post by irads »

I suggest you to install IEGD. It often supports more resolutions than GMA500 driver.

jose1

Post by jose1 »

The IEGD driver did the trick! Thanks!!

The original issue (Windows not loading) is caused by my wireless keyboard, I plug it out and Windows starts loading properly. Keyboard Works fine once its done loading.

Return to “Display interface”