No Video

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
dcipher

No Video

Post by dcipher »

Hi

I just purchased a Fit-pc2i-DIG-C1600-W and when I plugged in my LG monitor using the DVI-D cable into the HDMI/DVI-D adapter that came with the Fit-PC I do not get any video. The monitor is set for 60hz but I do not even see a splash screen. I believe the PC is working because I have a usb dvd drive attached and it acts like it is loading linux from the DVD drive.

Does this mean I should send a RMS request?

Thanks,
Simon

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: No Video

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Simon

If you plug another PC to the same HDMI port of your monitor, do you have video on it? Also please check power led (the first one from the left side) if it lights on. You can also try to plug FIT-PC to another monitor, so we can be sure that this is not a monitor failure.

If you installed your own HDD, please remove it and every plug connected to Fit PC except power cord and HDMI/DVI adapter and try to power it on. You should see BIOS splash screen and "Operating system not found" after a while if everything OK and there is no problem with your monitor.

Thanks
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

dcipher

Post by dcipher »

Hi

The monitor is an LG L203WTN with a DVI-D cable which is currently working on my workstation. I just connected the LG DVI-D cable into the HDMI/DVI-D adapter that came with the Fit-PC and plugged it into the HDMI port of the Fit-PC. So I know the monitor works. So it has to be either the HDMI/DVI-D adapter cable or the Fit-pc. The power light is on and I removed the hard drive but I never saw a splash screen or the message about no operating system.

In fact when I plug the monitor into the fit-pc it goes into power saving mode shortly after connecting just as if it is not getting a video signal.

I do not have another monitor at present perhaps I will try to get an HDMI monitor.

Simon

irads

Post by irads »

There are rare cases of display incompatibility with fit-PC2 - mostly with TVs but I guess it could happen with computer displays as well.

Currently we cannot be sure if it is incompatibility or a problem with fit-PC2 DVI output. You would not like to RMA just to discover that the problem persists with the new unit, therefore I suggest that you test the fit-PC2 with another display first.

Return to “Display interface”