No Display with VGA Monitor via DVI-VGA Convertor

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
muddasseralam

No Display with VGA Monitor via DVI-VGA Convertor

Post by muddasseralam »

Hi All,

I was too excited when I received my fit-pc 2 however that excitement is wearing off as I can't get it display anything on my LCD (Samsung SyncMaster 913v to be precise) monitor. I attached a Microsoft USB keyboard which does show signs of life (CAPS LOCK and NumLock working) even I do see per and HD LEDs blinking and a refreshing start up sound if I attach a headphone. My fit-pc 2 came with XP so I am definitely sure something is wrong with the display only. Here's what I've tried based on other posting on this forums:

1. I've made sure that monitor is working. It does support a good range of resolution.
2. Making sure that the video cable, alongwith the converter are firmly connected
3. Booting fit-pc with and without USB keyboard.
4. On boot when keyboard is attached, I've tried to get into BIOS setup by pressing DEL repeatedly. No luck with F8 either. I get NOTHING on the screen

I've now run out of options. Any idea what is going wrong? It's time critical as we have to launch our application by next Thursday

Muddasser

yogev_ezra

Re: No Display with VGA Monitor via DVI-VGA Convertor

Post by yogev_ezra »

Fit-PC2 has digital only (DVI-D) output. That means that cheap DVI-VGA adapters will not work. Only expensive (80$ USA or more) converters would actually do the job. Please pay attention that I wrote "converter" - adapter and converter are actually not the same. Converter converts digital signal to analog, while adapter just changes the wiring. I don't know what you actually have - adapter or converter, but from the price you paid for it, you could get the idea if it's adapter or converter. Note that most converters also use AC power adapter to connect to them since they need an electricity source to have power to convert the signal.

P.S. Fit-PC2 BIOS is accessed by F2 and not by Del. You have it in your Fit-PC2 brochure.

Return to “Display interface”