USB Video 7" Samsung Model U70

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
tom_in_atlanta

Re: USB Video 7" Samsung Model U70

Post by tom_in_atlanta »

I did receive a reply from Displaylink tech support. Here is what they said...

"I am not sure if you still have an issue as your link does not exist anymore.
You should be able to access the Windows Display Properties (or access the
DisplayLink menu on your system tray - "Advanced..." option), if the device is attached. Either way, you access the Windows Display Properties menu where all display connectivity is shown. See enclosed .pdf for instructions"

I have copied the contents of the PDF below ...

Features - GUI
Windows Display Properties
Windows VISTA: Personalize>Display
Settings
Windows XP/2000: Properties>Settings
1- Setting the Display in “extend” mode
or in “main monitor” mode
2 & 3 – Resolution and color setup
4 – Drag area: drag the monitor icon
and arrange the monitor layout
From “Advanced...” menu option

tom_in_atlanta

Post by tom_in_atlanta »

Would it be possible to connect the USB monitor directly to the HDMI input on the computer? Is there a cable or converter for that? Just an idea.

I am running out of options to get the USB monitor working without the HDMI/DVI monitor also connected.

Let me know your BIOS settings. That's the only thing I can think of that could be different in your setup and mine.

AoRaToS

Post by AoRaToS »

I don't think there is such a converter...

I will post my BIOS settings tomorrow for you to check them...

tom_in_atlanta

Post by tom_in_atlanta »

Just to drop the other shoe, if there are other members reading this...

I was able to solve this problem with the help of AoRaToS. We went offline and tested some things and determined the following:

Displaylink drivers 5.1 and 5.2 do not support using the Samsung U70 Monitor as a stand-alone USB monitor. a DVI/HDMI monitor must be attached.

The Displaylink 4.6 driver DOES support the Samsung U70 stand-alone without any other monitor attached. However, you don't have the other improvements to picture quality, Windows 7 support, etc that are included in the newer releases.

I did open a trouble ticket on this issue with Displaylink, and will post a similar message on their forum site.

Thanks to AoRaToS for all his assistance.

AoRaToS

Post by AoRaToS »

So we can now both confirm that the Samsung Syncmaster U70 USB Monitor can work as the only monitor using 4.6 drivers, anyone who wants to work with XP can do it, Win7 will need drivers 5.2 and I don't expect it to work without another monitor attached since it doesn't work under XP (with 5.2).

As Tom said there is a trouble ticket now and I'd like to think that he next version of the drivers will work as the 4.6 one does with the improvements of 5.2.

You're welcome tom_in_atlanta!

jlsail

Post by jlsail »

Hi
I am not sure if this help, or are of interesst.
I am using displaylink driver 5.2 in windows7 and running a usb-vga adaptor as only display whitout any problems. (sorry for the bad english)

johan

AoRaToS

Post by AoRaToS »

Just an update!

Using Display Link driver 5.3 M1 you can set the Samsung U70 as the only monitor on your system and work with it. I'll now try the "improvements"

Return to “Display interface”