The problem for connecting with LCD TV or monitor via HDMI.

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
peterkung_2001

The problem for connecting with LCD TV or monitor via HDMI.

Post by peterkung_2001 »

Dear All,
I just got my fit-pc2 a week ago, and tested out its display feature through the HDMI cable. Basically, I had tested it with two different monitors. One is Vizio 32" (VX32L) LCD TV, and the other one is Hannspree 19" LCD monitor. After tested, the result is not good.

1) with Hannspree 19" LCD monitor with HDMI to HDMI cable :
- After powered up fit-pc2, the LCD monitor can't detect any digital signal, and the fit-pc2 just stopped somewhere according to its LED activity.
- after removed the HDMI cable from LCD monitor, the fit-pc2 can move forward according to its LED activity.
- I ever tried other HDMI cables, and the result is the same.
- FYI. With using one of the HDMI cables I tried , the fit-pc2 can't be powered up, or the fit-pc2 was shuted down right away when I pluged in this cable after the fit-pc2 was powered up without the HDMI cable.

2) with Vizio 32" LCD TV with HDMI cable :
- the result is better than Hannspree 19" LCD monitor, but the problem is that it can not do the full screen display. It has the gaps at the four sides.
- I tried other HDMI cables, and the result is the same.
- I tried to adjust the resolution ( either 1920x1080 or 1280 x 720). The XP desktop always exceeded the screen size. Only 1960x951 can have the better view, but as mentioed before, it has the gaps at the four sides.

As the information I saw from other topic, it did work with these two displays if I pluged the HDMI cable back after I used HDMI-DVI+DVI-VGA for booting the system. But, I can't live with that.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you.

irads

Re: The problem for connecting with LCD TV or monitor via HDMI.

Post by irads »

I am not sure what is the problem with the 19" display.
The 32" TV is likely doing overscan. Try checking its settings.

peterkung_2001

Post by peterkung_2001 »

Thanks for the reply.

I had checked my 32" TV, but can't find any for the setting adjustment.
Regarding Hannspree 19" LCD monitor, I ever tried to plug the HDMI cable back after the fit-pc2 was booted for a while without the HDMI cable. The monitor can detect the signal, but the resolution is very very bad (480x??).

Anyhow, these two monitors can work fine with my another PC via HDMI cable.

However, as I mentioned before, the fit-pc2 did work with these two displays if I plugged the HDMI cable back after I used HDMI->DVI+DVI->VGA for booting the system ( although , there is no view on the screen when booting the system). But, I can't live with that.

1) Is this the fit-pc2's compatibility issue ?
2) Does the fit-pc2 need the special HDMI cable ?
3) Can you suggest few LCD monitors with HDMI port you tested before to me ?

Thank you.

irads

Post by irads »

1) Is this the fit-pc2's compatibility issue ?
2) Does the fit-pc2 need the special HDMI cable ?
3) Can you suggest few LCD monitors with HDMI port you tested before to me ?
1. Not likely. The fit-PC2 does not detect your 19" display - most likely due to cabling/signaling problem.
2. No.
3. We tested many DVI-D displays with no issue - Viewsonic, Benq, LG, MAG, Samsung to name a few. We tested HDMI on Toshiba, LG, Hitachi TVs with no issue.

Spoon

Post by Spoon »

Hi.

Please also consider the fact that TV's are optimised for 1920x1080i interlaced frames. The computer typically generates progressive pictures with doubled bandwidth. Your TV probably needs to support 1080p.
The current HDTV formats on the market are 1080i and 720p.

Regards.

xlthim

Post by xlthim »

When I first loaded Xp on my Fit, I had HDMI going to a Samsung 58" plasma - worked great. Now we have it driving a cheap little 19" Acer LCD monitor with an HDMI to DVI-D adapter on it - still works great.
I think the trick is to set the resolution to the 1920x1080 setting. That's all I have ever used.
Note - whenever I remote in using TightVNC, the resolution gets jumbled to 640x480 and I have to go into the Fit to reset it back to 1920x1080. But it always boots up to where I can see it.
I have tried to use the adapter that came with it and used a DVI cable to connect to several things - it NEVER worked! We run the HDMI cable to the adapter on the LCD and it works fine.

Return to “Display interface”