IR device not found?

njayawa

IR device not found?

Post by njayawa »

Whenever I install Windows 7 (RTM), I cannot find the IR device listed in Device manager. I do see a "HID-Compliant consumer control device" listed. I've tried to install the AVR390 driver provided for the IR, but it fails to install. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

tccc143

Re: IR device not found?

Post by tccc143 »

All I did was right click on the icon in Device Manager, "HID-Compliant consumer control device", and choose to update driver. Select locate driver on your own. In the window find your downloaded driver from FIT for the IR. click on it, and then on the sub folder when it opens. click next and it will install..........this is what I did anyway.

njayawa

Post by njayawa »

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Windows basically says that "It has determined that the best available driver is already installed."

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

When you install a new OS, you should see IR controller as "AVR309:USB to UART protocol converter" in "Other Devices" section in the Device Manager.

After driver installation, you should see IR controller as "fit-PC2 IR" in "Universal Serial BUS Controllers" section in the Device Manager.

I order to operate IR controller, you have to install EventGhost application with fit-PC2 plugin.
You can find detailed explanation about installation process in readme.txt document in the IR driver package.

Best Regards.
Leonid Firdman

poiuytr

Post by poiuytr »

Here is my story.

There is no IR controller item in Device Manager, however there is unknown USB device. Could it be IR? I tried to update its driver pointing Windows to IR driver but it crushed my PC while installing. Only reboot with Last Known Good Configuration helped.

Where is my IR device, how to make it work. Thanks.

irads

Post by irads »

You should get the IR driver from http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/win7-drivers

poiuytr

Post by poiuytr »

This is exactly where I get IR driver. 091021 is the one I tried.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

If IR is not detected after you install the IR driver, it could indicate a problem with IR controller itself. In this case, please consider to RMA the unit: rma@fit-pc.com

poiuytr

Post by poiuytr »

Actually that driver crashed my PC while I installing it.
OK, I got it, it either hardware error or my Windows 7 glitches.
Thanks.

Dogan

Post by Dogan »

Hi There,

I have a similar problem. On a clean Win7 installation I could not get the IR to function. I have followed the readme in the driver file (win7_ir_091021.zip) provided at Downloads section. However there is no IR section in Device driver or a "AVR309:USB to UART protocol converter" anywhere. I have one "unknown device" with an exclamation mark under USB controllers. When I try to update the driver of it with IR driver provided in the same zip file, Windows just says the driver is up to date. Can you shed some light to my problem?

Thanks,
Dogan

Return to “Windows 7”