Guide to HW acc Video Playback in Win 7

urberliner

Guide to HW acc Video Playback in Win 7

Post by urberliner »

I have been reading lot's of post here on how to get HD Playback going. However, I am still not sure what to do, HD Video is still not playing.

What drivers do I need, what software should I use, what settings do I need to change? Could the community try to get a guide together in this topic? So that people starting with Win 7 from scratch can quickly enjoy their fit-pcs.

Your work will be appreciated :)

irads

Re: Guide to HW acc Video Playback in Win 7

Post by irads »

First, it is worth noting that HD performance on XP and Linux are currently better than with Windows 7.

There is only one set of Intel drivers for Windows 7 - see http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR ... erator+500

The following is my experience. Other users experience may differ and they are welcome to contribute their opinion.

The default drivers and codecs are currently found to give the best performance. WMP and MPC-HC provide similar performance. VLC performance is not as good, even with the new DXVA support. Boxee and XBMC do not work well.

You may want to install Haali splitter for .mkv playback. See for example the k-lite package.

Flash 10.1 shows promise. Plays smoothly Youtube 480p and plays OK some 720p videos.

Return to “Windows 7”