How to play mkv

ola2050

How to play mkv

Post by ola2050 »

I have installed win7 and drivers from fit-pc. I instaled K-Lite. My avi, dvd works good but not mkv720. Mkv is running but not smooth. Is it a special player i have to use or have i forgoten something?

fly

Re: How to play mkv

Post by fly »

Matroska (mkv) is a container format like avi, not a codec. You can embedd a variety of audio/video files using different codecs. So, If your mkv doesn't use a codec the gma500 is capable of accelerating, it will decode it ont he cpu. The Atom Z530 1.6GHz just isn't enough for decoding 1080p material.

You might want to check the following two links [1] and [2], from the frist one is this quote:
VLC doesn't use dxva so you were only using the cpu. To play h264 .mkvs all you need to install is the matroska splitter as the codec is supplied with win 7 and will use dxva if your driver has support, such as the gma500 :-)
[1] http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=677953
[2] http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2010/07/02/gm ... with-subs/

ola2050

Post by ola2050 »

Do you meen "Haali Media Splitter" or just "Matroska Splitter". What drivers are you using, the latest from fitpc? Does the win mediaplayer suport gma500 or do i use a nother player?

Thanks for all the help.

fly

Post by fly »

I am not using Windows on my fitPC (nor any other computer..), so all information regarding fitPC2 and Windows are based upon experience and reports from other users. As such I...
Do you meen "Haali Media Splitter" or just "Matroska Splitter".
.. meant Matroska Splitter which turned out to be the same as Haali Media Splitter. See links in my previous post.
What drivers are you using, the latest from fitpc?
... am not using Windows drivers. You should use the latest driver provided by CompuLab and you might try the IEGD driver.
Does the win mediaplayer suport gma500 or do i use a nother player?
Windows Media Player supports hardware accelerated playback for videos via DXVA. So This should work for a GMA 500, however, you might want to try other media players if playback stutters.

Return to “Windows 7”