Problem with getting a picture to monitor

Juhape

Problem with getting a picture to monitor

Post by Juhape »

Hi

I read through a few topics and found out that some of you had similar problems than I.

My problems started during my first start up. My FitPc was connected with a DVI-cable to a monitor. First everything was going well, but after a few screens of installation everything went blank. I waited a few minutes, watched the HDD led and nothing was happening. I then rebooted the system and if I remember correctly I choosed "start windows normally" and the installation continued with Windows key etc. Next Windows was starting and again the screen went blank. I couldn't get to the desktop or password window. I could see the startup info and green loading bar, but after that screen was black. When I choosed "start in safe mode" I could get into windows and I installed graphics driver, but it didn't help.

I then connected my Fitpc to a newer monitor maybe 20-30 seconds after start up. Everything went ok during the first start up. Again problems started when I rebooted. No picture. Only way I can get a picture is by disconnecting my monitor a few times after Windows has finished loading.

I also have some problems with Web-cams, but could those be related to each other?

Any ideas what could cause this problem from the start?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Juha Pesonen

Edit: Forgot to mention that my system is this: FIT-PC2-D2G-C2000-H250-W-X7.

irads

Re: Problem with getting a picture to monitor

Post by irads »

Check in BIOS that LCD Clock is enabled.

radicatia

Post by radicatia »

Hello,
I have the same issue here. Actually, for me, the screen is not just blank but it has some dots (guess they are pixels) blue, or blinking blue. Just very few dots in the screen.
This happens both with lcd clock enabled or disabled.
Could it be related to the cable or the tv? Could it generate a kernel panic in linux?

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Hi, radicatia.

Can you enter the BIOS?
Leonid Firdman

radicatia

Post by radicatia »

Hello,
I can seldom enter the bios, but most part of times I just get stuck in the boot process. As suggested me on this same forum, I should try to return the product as mine should be a problem related to RAM memory.

Thank you anyway for your help and sorry for messing up with my post here...

Juhape

Post by Juhape »

Hi all!

Sorry for not posting a reply sooner. My problem was solved with a new HDMI-DVI adapter. The one that came with the PC didn't work properly. I discovered the problem when I used a HDMI-DVI cable or HDMI-HDMI cable and everything worked as it should. So now I'm using a HDMI-DVI cable without the adapter.

Thanks for the help!

Return to “Windows 7”