Most reliable FIT PC2 / windows

jardar

Most reliable FIT PC2 / windows

Post by jardar »

Hi

I am going to use the FIT PC as a black box and need as high reliability as possible. On the PC we will run a data collection software (storing data in a database) and a webpage to display the collected data (mostly read only web retreiving data from database and display it).

So my question is how I can get the highest possible reliability out of this. My idéas so far are:

* turn off automatic windows updates
* make three partitions, one for OS and one for web/data collection software and database and one for recovery data
* if possible eneble "auto-repair" of windows partition
* install flash driver (any suggestions on which one?)
* enable firewall on all but the necessary port (like 80)
* make sure the casing has a heatsink
* turn off wlan (how is this done?)

Does these makes sense, and are there other things that can be done to improve the reliability even more?

Are there windows services that should be turned off?

ninja

Re: Most reliable FIT PC2 / windows

Post by ninja »

did you get anywhere with this? I'm in the same boat. Did you find any other best practices to lock the box down? I'm also concerned about virii and malware.. while no human will be using the box, I'm not sure if it's worth the variable of anti-virus or not.

u think the partitions is helpful?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Most reliable FIT PC2 / windows

Post by gabrielh »

I think this concern is not directly related to a fit-pc2, and there is no "ultimate" solution. You should look on security forums over internet and to adapt it to your aplication
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Windows 7”